As a leading hospital for women and children, we constantly strive to achieve a higher standard in clinical care through the use of Clinical Indicators across all medical departments. Clinical Indicators also allow patients the ability to make choice decisions for their treatment.
- KKH is the first hospital in Asia Pacific to receive the prestigious Asian Hospital Management Award (AHMA) for measures taken to improve the safety of women in labour and their newborns.
- KKH's Perinatal Team bagged a WHO award in 2009 for its proactive measures to enhance the safety of women in labour and their newborns, which resulted in lowering perinatal mortality to 4.07 per 1,000 births - among the lowest in the world.
- In 2014, US-based Joint Commission International (JCI) accredited KKH as an Academic Medical Centre, affirming the hospital's role in medical education and research, and the integration of these aspects in practices involving clinical quality and patient safety. KKH first received JCI accreditation in 2005, in recognition of its quality of patient care and safety.
- Spring Singapore (previously the Productivity and Standards Board) awarded KKH the coveted People Developer award in 2000. This award recognizes the hospital's investment in a comprehensive system for developing our people and to bring out the best in them.
- In 2005, KKH achieved the Singapore Quality Class Award. It is conferred by SPRING Singapore to selected organization which have demonstrated commitment to business excellence, measured in the following dimensions – Leadership, Planning, Information, People, Process.
- KKH is the accredited center with the Royal College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (UK) in obstetric ultrasound.
- KKH's Department of Diagnostic Imaging is accredited as a training centre for paediatric radiology by the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR).
- KKH's Gynaecological Cancer Centre is accredited as a recognised training centre for fellows pursuing the Certificate/Diploma in Gynaecological Oncology of the Royal Australian-New Zealand College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (RANZCOG).