About KK Research Centre
As an aspiring academic healthcare institution, KK Women's and Children's Hospital strongly believes that research is pivotal in the provision of excellent care. We have strongly embraced the spirit of innovation to maintain a world-class clinical leadership.
KK Research Centre is a one-stop centre that is dedicated to assisting our researchers in the conduct of their research activities with ease and confidence. The centre helps to ensure that research is robust and continues to be of the highest of standards. KK Research Centre aims to provide a conducive and favourable environment for research within our hospital.
To establish and maintain a vibrant research culture in KK Women's and Children's Hospital , hence, contributing to the generation of innovations that can be translated into value-added services for our patients.
A hospital where new knowledge that is generated by research is systematically translated into solving clinical problems; and the outcomes of research form the basis of sound clinical practices and policies.
We provide the following services:
- Disseminating information related to research, eg. funding opportunities, grant calls, courses and workshops
- Collating and submitting grant applications to external funding agencies
- Proactively seeking avenues for collaboration and learning
- Establishing liaison with commercial sponsors, including conducting feasibility studies for clinical trials, on behalf of the clinical departments and investigators
- Assisting the Hospital Research Committee
- Collaborating with SingHealth Office of Research in enhancing the standard of research in the institution
Financial Management of Clinical Trial
- Assisting researchers in projecting trial budgets and negotiating with external sponsors
- Facilitating the fruition of clinical trial agreements between sponsors, investigators and SingHealth Legal Office
- Liaison with Finance and Business Office in the management of research funds and monies.
Provide well trained personnel for research
Our Clinical Research Coordinators help to coordinate and support investigator initiated and commercially sponsored projects according to Singapore Good Clinical Practice (SGGCP) Guidelines by:
- Providing logistical support and ensuring that projects run smoothly, culminating in the successful completion of clinical trials
- Serving as the information and resource contact persons for subjects participating in research projects
- Assisting researchers to implement and monitor ongoing projects to ensure the reliability of the results
- We maintain a database that reflects the global research activities in the institution.
- We assist investigators to develop research and disease databases.
- We assist researchers with regard to basic biostatstics and bioinformatics.
KKRC Research Lab Capabilities
We maintain laboratory capabilities to support our research, particularly in:
- Molecular biology work
- Immunohistology work
- Other special areas:
- Chemiluminescence reader
- Microvascular myography
- Computerised Image Analysis
- DNA Sequencer