Request for Medical Report
Q1. Who can request for a medical report?
- Patient who will provide written consent for release of medical information.
- If patient is under 21 years of age, the caregiver (parent/ legal guardian) will provide the written consent on behalf.
- If patient is deceased, immediate next-of-kin, authorised legal representative and/or appointed Deputy/Donee/Administrator of Estate may apply with relevant supporting documents. Please contact Medical Reports Unit for more details.
- Interested third parties (e.g. insurance companies) may apply with patient’s written consent.
Q2. What is required to make the request?
- Complete and signConsent for Release of Medical Information Form.
- Attach supporting documents such as:
- Patient’s and Caregiver’s identification documents (i.e. front and back view of NRIC copies, valid Passport or Birth Certificate) as proof of relationship.
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
- For insurance claims, please enclose the insurance claims form with the authorisation section of the form fully completed and duly signed.
- Crossed cheque payable to "KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital Pte Ltd".
Q3. How do I submit my request?
• By mail
- Send all required documents and the crossed cheque to:
• By Email
Medical Reports Unit
Department of Document Management Services
KK Women's & Children's Hospital
100 Bukit Timah Road
- Scan and email all required documents to: Medical.Reports@kkh.com.sg
- You will receive a SMS or telephone call on payment instructions.
• By e-Service (NEW FROM 1 DECEMBER 2018)
- Patients and Caregivers with SingPass can login to HealthHub app or www.healthhub.gov.sg to submit the application.
- Payment via Visa/MasterCard and Internet Banking.
NOTE: Over-the-Counter applications will no longer be accepted from 1 December 2018.
Q4. How is the requested medical information delivered to me?
Completed request will be sent to your mailing address (as provided in Consent for Release of Medical Information Form) by ordinary mail.
To request for registered mail, please include an additional fee of $2.50 in your payment.
Q5. Why do I need to pay for a medical report/completion of insurance form/copies of medical records?
The regular consultation and hospitalization fees paid do not include cost for a medical report as not every patient requires one. A fee has to be levied for this additional service of providing medical reports to cover the hospital’s administrative costs and the doctor’s professional inputs. This is a standard practice across all Public Healthcare Institutions.
Q6. How soon can I obtain the requested medical information?
As a general guide, the charges and time frame for completion of medical reports and duplicate copies of medical records are indicated below.
However, we may experience a delay in processing some requests due to the following reasons:
- Patient has upcoming/frequent clinic appointments
- Patient has been admitted to the ward
- Patient has multiple reports requested from several clinical departments
- Doctor is away on leave
||Fee Payable in SGD¹ (Includes govt. taxes)
|Ordinary Medical Report/Completion of Insurance Form
Provides the relevant facts about the medical condition
and treatment/ medication the patient is receiving. Report can be in the form of a written report or completionof insurance questionnaire.
||21 days *
|Specialist Medical Report
Written by specialists in response to requests that require a specific opinion or prognosis from the specialist based on the medical facts of the case.
||21 days *
|2nd Opinion Medical Report
Expert opinions written by KKH specialists on patients not seen
|$540 (first 3 hours) +
($216 X no. of hours) + GST (consultation charges not included)
|21 days *
|Medical Board Report
Written by KKH medical board to assess KKH patient’s suitability for continued employment with an organisation.
||21 days *
|Laboratory Test Results/Investigation Reports
|Copy of Inpatient Discharge Summary
/Day Surgery Admission Authorisation Form
|Copy of Referral Letter
||$19.26 per report
|Notification of Live-Birth
|Sexual Sterilisation (Ligation) Certificate
¹ The rates apply to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents only and correct as at September 2018.
* From Date of Consultation
Please be informed of the following cancellation charges should you decide to cancel your request:
- SGD$46.37 for Ordinary Medical Report
- SGD$96.30 for Specialist Medical Report
Q7. How can I contact Medical Report Unit?
For further enquiries, please contact us at: