KKH has put in place a visitor registration system as part of the hospital’s continual efforts to enhance the safety and experience for patients.
With effect from 16 April 2018, all visitors to KKH can register via:
1. Visitor Registration System Online
2. At the hospital:
- at the Self-Registration Kiosks located at the hospital lift lobbies – at the Women’s Tower, Level 1 and Level 2, and the Children’s Tower, Level 1
- at the Mobile Visitor Registration Counters, located at the Level 1 lift lobbies of both the Women’s Tower and Children’s Tower at the hospital.
Information and Documents Required for Registration:
a) Information about the inpatient you are visiting:
- Patient’s first name and last name
- Patient’s ward number
- Patient’s bed number
b) Information about the outpatient you are accompanying:
- Patient’s hospital registration number (e.g. NRIC/FIN/Birth Certificate Number)
- Name of outpatient clinic
c) Information about yourself and document needed to access through the gantry
- Your identity card and number (e.g. NRIC/FIN)
- Your full name, as in your identity card
- Your mobile number (local number only)
Visitors and foreigners who do not have any of the above listed information may approach our staff who are stationed next to the self-registration kiosks for assistance.
Only a one-time registration is required for visitors and the registration will be valid throughout the inpatient's hospital stay or on the day of the scheduled outpatient appointment. All the information provided will be kept strictly confidential.
Visiting Hours and Visitor Quota
Visiting hours and visitor quota may vary according to the facility and care provided to the patient. Please refer to the table below for the details:
||Wards 31, 32, 34, 42, 43, 44,
51, 55, 56, 62, 66, 71, 75,
81, 82, 85, 86
|10.00am to 8.00pm
||Children’s Intensive Care Unit,
Children’s Step Down Unit,
Women’s Intensive Care Unit,
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit,
Special Care Nursery,
Wards 65, 76
|10.00am to 8.00pm
||10.00am to 8.00pm
||Specialist Outpatient Clinic G,
Cleft and Craniofacial Centre,
Department of Child Development,
Obstetric Day Assessment Centre,
Specialist Outpatient Clinic H
|Restricted Outpatient Clinic
||Children’s Day Therapy,
Women Day Therapy Centre
*Information is accurate as of 16 April 2018
- All visitors to the ward are required to register before they enter.
- Keep visits short as our patients need sufficient rest to recover.
- Be considerate and keep the noise levels down. Noise is a source of stress that can interrupt patients’ sleep and recovery.
- The Restricted (ICUs) and Isolation Ward together with Restricted Outpatient Clinic are considered restricted area due to the serious conditions of patients recovering there. As these groups of patients require ample rest, only 2 visitors are allowed at any one time during visiting hours. Children under 12 years old are not encouraged to visit these restricted units.
- Respect neighbouring patient’s need for privacy in a shared room or open ward. Switch your mobile phone to “SILENT” mode, and speak softly on the phone to avoid disturbing patients.
- Refrain from eating by the patients’ bedside to reduce infection, and to ensure a clean and comfortable environment.
- Visitors must practice hand hygiene to minimise infection when they are in the ward. Wash your hands with soap and water, or sanitise them with alcohol rub before and after visiting the patient.
- Smoking or drinking alcohol is not allowed on hospital premises.
- To prevent a breach of or compromise of privacy, confidentiality, security and safety of patients, staff, students, associates, visitors and/or the institution, unauthorised photography and/or audio/video recording using any device is prohibited within KKH premises.
- The use of mobile phones is strictly not allowed in areas from any medical equipment located in Restricted areas such as Intensive Care Unit, as these mobile devices may interfere with the medical equipment in the ward.
- Anyone with symptoms of fever, cough, cold or any ailment must not visit patient.
- No playing or running in the wards. Parental supervision is required at all times.
For More Information
Please refer to the FAQs on KKH’s visitor registration system.