Nutrition & Dietetics
Food provides energy for our daily activities and nutrients for health and general well-being. At different stages of our lives (eg. infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood, pregnancy and during periods of illness), our nutrient requirements differ and we need to modify our food intake according to our nutritional needs.
We believe that eating should be enjoyable at all stages of life and even during times of illness, as food and eating are very much part of our culture and daily routine.
Our dietitians are able to:
- Assess your nutritional intake and requirements
- Plan and design therapeutic diet to suit your medical condition
- Provide personalised dietary counseling
Our Range of Services
Some nutrition and dietetics services that we provide:
- Preconception, antenatal and postnatal nutrition
- Dietary management of gestational diabetes
- Weight management for underweight and overweight women
- Diet therapy for specific medical conditions eg. diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidaemia, renal disease, gout and complications related to women’s cancer
- Nutrition support for very low birth weight infants
- Nutrition for toddlers and growing children
- Weight management for underweight and overweight children
- Dietary management of food allergies
- Dietary management of eating disorders
- Nutrition support for surgery and cancer, including support for home enteral feeding
- Sports nutrition for school athletes
- Diet therapy for specific medical conditions including gastrointestinal, liver and renal diseases, diabetes, inborn errors of metabolism and epilepsy
We also offer nutrition consultancy services to external organisations eg. nutrition talks, menu development or analysis.
Education and Research
Our dietitians are actively involved in providing nutrition education for:
- Hospital staff through the Hospital Healthy Lifestyle Committee activities
- Parents and patients through support group activities
- The public through public forums, community talks and contributions to the mass media
We are also committed in providing clinical dietetics training for both qualified and aspiring dietitians. Clinical and observational attachments are available for students and healthcare professionals (more information is available on our KKH website).
For our list of education programmes, click here.
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
Level 1, Women’s Tower (Inside Patient Education Centre)
Tel: +65 6394 1640/1641 Fax: +65 6394 1642
How to obtain a referral to the dietitian?
- If you or your child is seeing a KKH doctor, you may request a referral to the dietitian from your doctor.
- Once you have a referral, please call +65 6394 1640/1641 for an appointment to see the dietitian. If you are at an outpatient clinic in KKH, our clinic assistant can help to arrange an appointment for you.
|Dr Han Wee Meng
||Head of Nutrition and Dietetics
PhD (UK), State Registered Dietitian (UK)
|Ms Christine Ong
||Senior Principal Dietitian
BSc (Hons), MSc (Nutrition & Dietetics), Accredited Dietitian of Singapore
|Ms Phuah Kar Yin
BSc (Dietetics) Hons, Accredited Dietitian of Singapore
|Ms Grace Quek
BSc (Dietetics), MSc (Nutrition & Dietetics), Registered Dietitian (USA)
|Ms Ang Bixia
BSc (Dietitics) Hons
|Ms Ong Chengsi
Msc Nutrition and Public Health, Registered Dietitian (USA), Accredited Dietitian of Singapore