KK Breast Centre
Breast lumps are a common occurrence in women, the majority being benign lesions such as fibroadenomata in teenagers and young adults, and fibrocystic change and cysts in the older women. Only approximately from 10 to 20% of breast lumps are malignant.
As early detection of breast cancer can save lives, women aged 40 and above are strongly encouraged to undergo regular mammographic screening.
At KK Breast Centre, we understand and recognise the special needs women have when it comes to selecting and receiving expert consultations and treatments for any type of breast disease, cancerous and non cancerous.
We offer a one-stop centre fully dedicated to looking after breast health. First in Singapore to house a state-of-the-art breast imaging centre, this set-up enables women to have their digital mammography, breast ultrasonography, surgical consultation, minimally invasive biopsies and procedures all under one roof, and with quick turnaround time. The full range of minimally invasive breast biopsy services available include mammogram, ultrasound and MRI guided biopsy.
The centre is managed by a multi-disciplinary team of breast surgeons, radiologists, reconstructive surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists together with pathologists, physiotherapists, medical social workers and breast care nurses.
KK Breast Imaging Unit offers state-of-art dedicated breast imaging modalities which include full-field digital mammography, ultrasound as well as magnetic resonance imaging services. With digital mammography, more cancers can be detected earlier. It is also significantly more accurate in detecting breast cancers at the earliest stage, or when it is hidden by dense tissues. We do not encourage women age below 40 years of age to perform screening mammogram unless she has a family history of breast cancer.
We can help you if you:
- Discover a breast lump
- Are concerned about your breast cancer risk
- Have an abnormal mammogram and/or breast ultrasound report
- Have an abnormal breast biopsy result
- Have been diagnosed with breast cancer and seek treatment
- Want a second opinion
- Want or considering a breast reconstruction
- Need arm physiotherapy for prevention or management of shoulder stiffness, reduced arm morbility and/or lymphedema
- Want to learn about breast self examination
Our Range of Services
- Breast imaging studies such as mammography and ultrasound
- Image-guided biopsy of breast lesions
- Minimally invasive breast surgery including vacuum assisted core biopsy or mammotomy
- Oncologic breast surgery including oncoplastic surgery and breast reconstruction where necessary
- Selective sentinel lymphadenectomy with reduction of postoperative morbidity for suitable patients
- Adjuvant chemotherapy and radiotherapy including neoadjuvant chemotherapy for downstaging of breast cancers
- Breast self-examination training and counselling
- Emotional and psychological support through the Alpine Blossoms Support Group, Singapore’s first support group led by medical professionals.
|Dr Lim Swee Ho
||Head & Senior Consultant
||MBBS (Hons), MRCSEd (Surg), MMed (Surg), FRCSEd (Surg)
|Dr Lim Geok Hoon
||MBBS, MMed (Surg), FRCSEd (Gen)
|Dr Evan Woo
||MBBS (Spore), MRCSEd, MMed (Surg), FAMS (Plastic Surg)
|Dr Tan Yia Swam
||MBBS, MRCS (Intercollegiate), MMed (Surg), FRCS (Surg)
|Dr Tan Qing Ting
||MBBS, MRCS (Edin), MMed (Surg), FRCS (Edin), FAMS (Surg)
|Dr Yan Zhiyan
||MBBS (UK), MMed (Surg), MRCS (Edin), FRCS (Edin), FAMS (Surg)
|Dr Pang Siyan Jinnie
||MBBS, MRCS (Edin), GDFM (S'pore), MMed (Surg), FRCS (Edin)
|Breast Reconstructive Surgeons
|Dr Lim Jue Shang Gale
||MBBS (S'pore), MMed (Surg) (S'pore)
|Dr Kong Tze Yean
||MB Bch (U of Dublin, Ireland), MRCS (RCS, Ireland), FRCS (Plastic Surg) (RCS, Ireland)
|Dr Por Yong Chen
||MBBS, MMed (Surg), MRCSEd, FAMS (Plastic Surg)
|Breast Medical Oncologists
|Dr Yap Yoon Sim
||MBBS (Adelaide), FRACP (Med Oncology)
|Dr Raymond Ng
||MB ChB (Otago), FRACP (Med Oncology)
|Dr Ngeow Yuen Yie Joanne
||Visiting Consultant (Breast Genetic Counselor – High Risk Cancer Clinic)
||MBBS (Melbourne), MMed (Int. Med), MRCP (UK), FAMS