Social Media @ KKH
Connect with KKH on these various platforms!
* These are Facebook Groups that are based on specific interests and needs. Interested participants will have to request to join the group.
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES
Since the start of our Facebook account in April 2010, the number of ‘likes’ on our page has been growing faster than we had ever expected! A big "Thank you!" to all fans of KKH :)
To help ensure that online interaction on our social media pages remains meaningful and valuable to everyone, here are some guidelines for participation.
While we encourage and enjoy online discussions and threads between participants, we request that participants do not evaluate, endorse or recommend any particular healthcare provider, medication or treatment. We also ask that participants interact respectfully with one another. KKH reserves the right to edit and/or remove any such endorsements, comments or content it deems as inappropriate. The following are examples of comment types that may be edited or removed:
- Abusive or hurtful comments
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages, websites, organisations and programs not related to or affiliated with KKH)
- Comments that use foul language or “hate speech” (racial, ethnic or gender-bashing language)
- Personal attacks or defamatory comments (i.e., making negative personal comments about a fellow commenter)
- Comments that violate the privacy of our patients, families, or of our employees
- Content that infringes another person’s copyright or that may be confidential
We do try to reply promptly to online requests for information, but we cannot always assure a timely response.
Information posted by administrators, participants or any third party (e.g. commenter) should not be considered as medical advice., Medical treatment has to be individualised and can only be rendered after adequate assessment of your condition through clinical examination. Any information posted on our social media pages is not intended to replace consultation with qualified physicians or other qualified healthcare professionals.
All links from and to other websites that are linked to our social media sites or other pages and groups are provided as a service to users, but such linking does not constitute endorsement from KKH. As such, KKH is not responsible for the content of external websites, pages and groups. By submitting content to KKH’s social media pages in the form of wall posts, photos, comments, etc, you understand that this information is publicly available, and that KKH may use this information in staff and external publications and other communications. Please note that other participants may use any information / comment that you post and this is beyond KKH’s control. If you do not wish to have your information published or used by another party, please do not post it.